Best Ice Hockey Betting Sites in 2023
As we all know, nowadays there are a lot of different betting websites. However, when it comes to placing bets and starting to make money from it, you definitely want to choose the best one, so that you won’t have any problems.
We got you covered, as we present to you multiple betting sites for you to choose from.
The team of experts has strict criteria for the reviews and pays close attention to the following things:
- Sites with best odds. The following sites offer the best odds on this sport. All of the odds are up to date and offer you great payouts. Check the tips and make bets on the top hockey odds online.
- Live betting and streaming. In-play betting can be considered one of the best decisions of online betting. They are more profitable than pre-match bets, and, as such, much more exciting.
- Free bets and promotions. Everyone wants to get promotions, right? The following sites provide Indian players free bets and also organize regular promotions. Get the chance to get free rupees to start betting without losing a single rupee.
- Fast and secure withdrawals. It’s not a secret that when you win, you want to get your hands on the money you won as soon as possible. Luckily, the provided sites let you withdraw your winnings very fast. And they are all also secure since they’re all certificated, so you won’t have to worry about being lied to.
BEST HOCKEY BETTING SITES IN INDIA
Bonus 150% Up to ₹30,000
Bonus 500% Up to ₹75,000
Bonus 100% Up to ₹20,000
Up to ₹4,000 in Bet Credits
₹2,000 for Sign Up
Get ₹3,000 Free Bet
Sportbonus 250% Up to 12,500 INR
Free Bet ₹2,500
100% Up To ₹8,000
200% up to ₹20,000
100% up to 20,000 INR
160% Up to INR 16,000
Get Boosted Odds Daily!
100% Up To ₹10,000
Bonus 150% Up to ₹32,000
100% Up To ₹10,000
No Welcome Bonus Available
Get 3000₹ in Free Bets
Free Bet Up to ₹2,500
Let’s talk about Parimatch first. This website is made in a simple visual style, it does not freeze. The odds are satisfactory, the money is paid quickly, technical support is adequate. It offers you a big variety of deposit options, such as PayTM, UPI, Skrill, Neteller, Astropay Card, Cryptocurrencies, credit card, MasterCard, etc. The minimum deposit amount is also pleasant since it is just 1$. This allows anyone to start making bets. Parimatch is also cross-platform, meaning it can be used on PC, as well as your mobile devices via a mobile website or Android and iOS app.
Next up is 10cric. It is formerly known as Betrally India, and, as the name suggests, it’s focused mainly on Indian players since 2017. This website offers you a wide range of deposit options, including Bitcoin, PayTM, Visa and MasterCard, Google Pay, IMPS, MuchBetter, Skrill, Neteller, AstroPay, etc, and takes Indian Rupees. The minimum deposit amount is just Rs. 300, and the minimum withdrawal amount is Rs. 500. The website allows you to choose from a lot of sports disciplines, such as cricket, kabaddi, football, and so on. It has a Curacao License, so you don’t have to worry about it being unsafe.
Betway India is a sports betting site and online casino with a great layout and easy navigation and is legal in India. All steps are intuitive, creating no barriers for beginners. Those already used to online bookmakers find no difficulties since the items are located according to most sites.
The Betway India website is completely translated into English and Hindi, making it easier for Indians to access and understand it. Thus, even though it is a European house, there is no obstacle caused by the language.
One of the strong points of the house is precisely the good opportunities for promotions, a fact that has attracted a lot of Indians. It is worth paying attention to the ads and banners on the site.
At Betway the minimum deposit is Rs. 200 and the methods offered are: credit and debit cards, bank transfer, Neteller, AstroPay, ecoPayz, Pay4fun.
To withdraw money at Betway, it will be necessary for the bettor to have an account balance, regardless of the amount, and also not counting the bonus.
In addition, you must have your verification completed. For security reasons, you may be asked to send a copy of a document, proving your identity before payment is processed.
In the first 24 hours of the request, the bettor can reverse the withdrawal amount or part of it, returning the balance to his account.
When possible, the withdrawal is paid in the same way used for the deposit. Not being able to be carried out by the same means, the bettor will signal his choice of preferred payment method.
Bet365 is an international betting company founded in 2000. It’s made in a simple visual style. It uses currencies such as USD, EUR, GBP, and PLN. The deposit methods are Visa and MasterCard, Qiwi, PayPal, Skrill, and Neteller. There is a welcome bonus of up to 200$ for a first deposit. The website also offers its users a mobile app for Android and iOS that you can download either in Google Play or App Store. You can track matches live, as well as a bet for virtual sports. The service offers technical support, so you can contact them if you have any issues.
LeoVegas is a gambling service that has long established itself in the market among fans of gambling, casinos, and betting. For several years the service has been attracting more and more attention from players in India and the World. The service offers users bets on popular sports disciplines, matches, and leagues, as well as a huge variety of slots with different music, designs, where everyone will find something suitable for themselves.
You can find not only slots but also popular live casino entertainment such as roulette, poker, baccarat, and many others.
The service is constantly doing everything possible so that players can enjoy a comfortable game and get pleasant gambling emotions, so the site and application are maximally optimized, everything works very quickly, without any backlogs and bugs. Service has full functionality, necessary for a pleasant game. You can easily deposit and withdraw funds, contact support if necessary, and, of course, win big money with LeoVegas. You can install the handy mobile app on your device, or play from any device via the fast and convenient mobile version.
How to bet on Ice Hockey in India
When it comes to sports betting, hockey ranks a distant fourth. It means that odds makers don’t spend nearly as much time creating lines for ice hockey. If you know what you’re looking for, there’s an opportunity for you to profit from hockey bets.
Let’s quickly check the pros and cons of betting on ice hockey.
- ✔️ A large number of comebacks. Ice hockey is a type of sport where the outcome of the match can be changed multiple times during the game. It is for this feature that many people dislike betting on hockey online. However, professional players use this unpredictability. After all, with a skillful approach, it gives the opportunity to win at favorable odds.
- ✔️ High frequency of matches. Hockey teams play once every two or three days, which allows betting fans to be aware of the current form of the opponents and monitor their psychological state and composition. In addition, the high frequency of games allows quality collection and analysis of statistics, which is also one of the advantages of hockey.
- ❌ Few broadcasts. Hockey leagues ( NHL is the only exception) are mostly broadcasted locally, so it makes it hard to watch the match online. Fortunately, good Internet easily solves the problem, but even it does not compensate for the lag of broadcasting from real-time. This factor makes playing in-play betting difficult.
- ❌ Low betting limits and large margins. Not the highest rating of hockey in bookmakers determines the fact that the upper betting limits are not impressive. The exception is the NHL meetings. But even there the maximum will be noticeably less than, for example, in the NBA. In addition, the hockey line can be subject to a solid margin.
Now let’s quickly run over the types of hockey bets:
- The outcome of the match. In hockey, as in lots of other sports, there are three outcomes of the match: The first team win, the second-team win, and the draw. They usually have the lowest margin. There is also a “Double outcome” or “double chance”. It is a bet that the selected team will not lose in regular time.
- Handicap. As in other sports, it is a bet with a conditional advantage of one of the teams. It makes sense that minus handicaps are usually offered on favorites, and plus handicaps on outsiders to make up for their lag.
- Total. It is the total number of pucks scored in a match or period. The player is offered a certain value (in most cases, not an integer), and he must guess whether the teams will score more than the specified number of pucks on two or not.
Now that we’ve learned all that, here are some tips to bet better:
- Step 1: Bet on the team that you think will win. The elimination of ties and game-deciding shootouts means that gambler doesn’t have to worry about point spread – just the winning team.
- Step 2: Bet on the underdog once you understand the money line. A money line uses odds expressed in terms of money – it’s used for the favorite and is also used for the underdog. It means that you will need to place that amount in order to win 100$ plus what you bet. And it also means that you will win that amount for every 100$ placed.
- Tip #1: Bet on the team that has a strong goalie. This is the most critical position in hockey. The team with the better goalie has a better chance of winning.
- Tip #2: Bet on the home team. You have probably heard of a home team advantage. When players are on the road for multiple games they tend to be more tired and slower as well as have less practice. The home team is usually at an advantage for this reason.
🏏 Find out our top best cricket betting sites in India!
An introduction to Ice Hockey Betting
The first-ever match of hockey was played in Montreal, Canada, in 1875. Nowadays, professional leagues are all over the world, however, India doesn’t have one. Here’s a brief rundown of the rules:
- There are two teams, with six players in each team.
- The game lasts for over 60 minutes, with three 20-minute periods.
- The goal of the game is to get the puck into the opponent’s net. Doing so gives you points.
- The team with the most points is the winner.
- The puck can be passed to your teammates.
- Players can be sent from the ice for specific offenses and are not replaced by another player, thus giving their team a disadvantage.
- Fighting is prohibited.
How to Sign up to an Ice Hockey Betting Site
The process of signing up to an Ice Hockey Betting Site is almost the same for every website. All you need to do is:
Visit the website and press the “Register” button
Enter your email, choose a password and enter your phone number.
Press “Register” again.
And that’s it!
How Ice Hockey Betting Odds Work
Here’s a brief explanation of how ice hockey betting works:
New York: 1.50(½) Tampa Bay: 3.50(5/2)
Above you’ll see two types of odds. The first is decimal, while the second is fractional.
The team with the lowest decimal odds are considered favorites, it means that a successful bet on them will give you a lower prize.
To understand how much you’ll get from a winning bet, all you need to do is to multiply your bet by the decimal odds. For example, you’ve made a bet of Rs. 500 on the Tampa Bay, and if they win, you’ll get 500×3.50=1750 rupees.
In order to count the prizes using fractional odds, you need to divide the first number in the fraction by the second. Then, what you need to do is to multiply your result by the number you got. You’ll then need to add on your stake. Understanding the odds isn’t complicated at all, as you can see.
Best Ice Hockey Tournaments
When betting on hockey, it’s a good decision to consider betting on ice hockey tournaments. Here are some of the tournaments:
Six-a-side men’s ice hockey has been on the program of every edition of the Winter Games since 1924 in Chamonix. Women’s ice hockey was accepted as an Olympic sport in 1992, and made its official debut in 1998 in Nagano.
World Cup of Hockey:
The World Cup of Hockey is an international ice hockey tournament. Inaugurated in 1996, it is the successor to the Canada Cup, which was held every 3 to 5 years from 1976 to 1991 and was the first international hockey championship to allow nations to field their top players.
The National Hockey League was established in 1917 as the successor to the National Hockey Association (NHA). Founded in 1909, the NHA began to play one year later with seven teams in Ontario and Quebec, and was one of the first major leagues in professional ice hockey.
Stanley Cup Playoffs:
Eight teams from each NHL conference qualify for these playoffs. Winning the Stanley Cup is arguably the pinnacle of any ice hockey player’s career.
The Kontinental Hockey League is a European Elite hockey league that has operated since the 2008-09 season. The KHL replaced the former Russian Championship League, which was the top professional hockey league in Russia.
What are the best sites for betting on ice hockey?
As we’ve mentioned before, Parimatch, 10cric, Betway, Bet365 and LeoVegas are the best options when it comes to ice hockey betting.
How many players are there in an ice hockey team?
There are six players in a team: a goaltender, two defensemen (creating the defense line), three forwards (one center, one left and one right) creating the attack line.
How do you play ice hockey?
Ice hockey is a sport that is played by two teams on ice. The players wear ice skates on their feet and can skate across the ice at very high speeds. They hold hockey sticks, which they use to push, shoot or pass a puck around the ice. The players score by shooting the puck into a net; the goaltenders try to stop them.
How do you bet on ice hockey?
Many bettors wager on something called the Puck Line, or the spread. In this bet, you can wager on whether you think that the total number of goals scored by the favorite will be at least two more than the total of goals scored by the underdog.
What is a moneyline bet in ice hockey?
Money line betting is simply wagering on the contest based on a given price rather than a point spread.
Are there draws in ice hockey?
Instead, full 20-minute overtime periods are played until one team scores a goal. In the National Hockey League and American Hockey League All-Star Skills Competitions, the competition ends in a penalty shootout known as the Breakaway Relay.